Susan’s Idea, LLC. Represented by Meisel Real Estate
Designed by Nick Botta
Built by Glen Heidtmann
Ready spring 2005
Susan’s Idea was to build the house of her dreams . . . but for someone else. Not simply a spec house, but one built beyond customary standards for the right, discerning second home seeker.
The house is on 1.4 acres in the much desired hamlet of Sagaponack about 100 yards north of Montauk highway and south of the magnificent Wolffer Estate Vineyards and horse farm with water views of Poxabogue pond from the second floor bedrooms.
1. Just under 5000 square feet on two levels plus a full basement.
2. 5 bedrooms with 4 bathrooms.
3. Giant living room with high coffered ceiling, with 4 sets of high French doors leading to extensive porches and views.
4. Immense custom kitchen with large family space or dining area.
5. A media, family or formal dining room also with French doors.
6. The 12 foot diameter octagonal tower contains:
a. A brick lined WINE CELLAR in the basement.
b. A Library off the living room.
c. A clerestory sitting area or office in the master suite.
7. The 4 upstairs bedrooms all have different interesting high ceilings and 3 of them view the pond.
8. The Master suite is extraordinary and spacious containing:
a. Cathedral ceiling
c. 12 foot diameter observation, sitting or office room
d. Air bubble Jacuzzi, separate shower, two sinks, and bidet
e. A major outside deck
f. Great views of the pond and the estate across Sag Road.
9. The POOL is a 16×50 heated in ground concrete beauty
10. There is room for Tennis Court
11. The entire house is High tech wired for Sound, Communications, Computers, & Security 12. The house is connected to and uses exclusively Keyspan gas (No Oil, oil tanks, propane tanks. Clean fuel with no delivery Worries and Much less costly than electric kitchen and heat)
13. Large 2 car garage with high ceiling and room above
14. Grand porches on three sides
15. Landscape irrigation system
16.The Basement has a large area of dropped floor, a wine cellar, and has been prepared for a fireplace so owner may make a Family, media, exercise, or pool room etc. There is a BILKO door.